We need your used books!
Do you have any books sitting on your shelves that you’ve read and that you’d love to find a new home for? Or how about books lurking in your to-be-read pile that you probably aren’t going to read? If you do, we want them – we are planning a used book sale as a fundraising event for WCSFA and the events we do. But we need used books to sell!
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for books that will appeal to our community! Books must be:
- In good condition (i.e. no torn pages or water damage)
- Any genre of science and fantasy fiction
(e.g. space opera, urban fantasy, high fantasy, alternate history, paranormal romance, horror, space western, and all the other subgenres of SF&F!)
If you’re one of our local authors we’d also be happy to accept copies of your books that you might care to donate, with or without signatures.
Where you can drop off books
Book donation locations include:
- The first Wednesday of every month at the WCSFA board meeting in New Westminster. Contact Jenni Merrifield, the WCSFA president, at president [at] wcsfa [dot] org for the address.
- During PopUp Bookshop events (see below).
- Alternate drop off locations can be arranged by contacting Andrea at bookshop [at] wcsfa [dot] org.
Where will the money go?
In an effort to keep the cost of WCSFA events (like VCON) lower for our attendees, we will be doing more fundraising efforts like this. All the funds raised by the used book sale will help offset the cost of event operations.
When is the book sale?
- PopUp Book Shop – Abbotsford: Saturday, August 25 from 11 am to 8 pm at Highstreet Mall in Abbotsford. (map)
- PopUp Book Shop – VCON: October 5 to 7 at VCON 42/Canvention 38 in Richmond.
- PopUp Book Shop – New West: TBA (Details are still being organized.)
We are also on the hunt for more free or low-cost venues to use for future book sales. Know of one? Email bookshop [at] wcsfa [dot] org.